Thursday, August 27, 2009

New Low Carb Product

I just wanted tell you about a new product I found in the supermarket today that is really low in carbohydrates and very delicious! There's one thing I love to have and just won't give up. I have resigned myself to having to eat much less of it to stay within the bounds of my carb exchanges....pasta. Who doesn't like pasta? Well, on those crazy nights when there is no time to make your own sauce, I too grab for a jar of pasta sauce. They are normally loaded with carbs though. I have seen anywhere from 12 to 18 grams of carbs in one half cup serving. That means that I have to reduce the amount of pasta I am eating by one third of a cup! That really shrinks a portion! Well, I found a sauce put out by the amazing Italian chef, Mario Batali. The sauce is made with all fresh ingredients and has only 6 grams of carbs in a one half cup serving! That is truly a terrific accomplishment! The taste is awesome; fresh and clean. The only drawback is the price. It is a little more pricey than the regular jarred sauces. I just tell myself that since I eat so little of it, it's okay because it will last a long time and then I freeze what's leftover in small single or double portion containers to use later. I think that the sauce is worth it and just wanted to let you know. One last thing....new recipes are on the horizon and coming this weekend, so look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment