Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pumpkin Pancakes

I am posting this recipe by special request. It is something that I developed a few months ago but really wanted to test again. I have been so busy that I haven't had the time yet. Since I have been asked to post this recipe I do so with the caveat that you keep in mind it may not be fully developed. Normally, I am completely against doing that but I thought that maybe I could recruit some home cooks to prepare this recipe to help test it for me. When you give this a try please let me know the results and if you made any changes. I do recommend that you do at least one batch according to the recipe first. I know that things like chopped pecans or walnuts would make a wonderful addition to this recipe, too. These Pumpkin Pancakes were delicious and were being eaten as fast as I could take them off the griddle, just so you know, but I felt there was room for a little more improvement. So give these a try and let me know what you think. At 3.3 grams net carbs in each I'm sure you'll be eating your fair share. I hope you enjoy.


Pumpkin Pancakes


Ingredients:


Dry:
1 cup almond flour
1 cup flax meal
1/3 cup Splenda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
pinch nutmeg
pinch salt (optional)
1 tsp. baking powder
Wet:
1 cup milk (2% is fine)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 eggs (egg beaters fine also)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
vegetable spray


Whisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl to combine. Whisk the wet ingredients together in another large bowl and combine well. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine. Don't over mix batter.
Drop by 1/3 cup to make 3" rounds into large skillet or on griddle coated with vegetable spray on medium heat. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with sugar free maple syrup if desired.

Nutrition Facts
13 Servings of 1 Pancake
Amount Per Serving
Calories 119.0
Total Fat 9.1 g
Saturated Fat 1.4 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg
Sodium 55.5 mg
Potassium 31.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 5.4 g

No comments:

Post a Comment