Friday, February 5, 2010

~ Thank You All ~

I wanted to thank you all for bearing with me over the past few days while I was dealing with an important family situation that needed my undivided attention. I appreciate everyone that has sent me their good thoughts and prayers on my Facebook page as well as those of you who have still been stopping by here and want to thank you so much for your show of support. I have finally reached the point where I have the mental strength and focus to move forward again, albeit slowly, and I will try and post another delicious recipe for your Valentine's Day dinner later today and promise to work tirelessly over the weekend to make up for lost time. I will post my recipes throughout the weekend as my time allows and I should hope to have everything back to normal and caught up by early next week. Just the thought of you all out there waiting for me so patiently to post my recipes is the driving force helping me get back into the kitchen again.
As you all know, stress and diabetes are not a good combination but I have been sticking to eating mostly the right foods. I say mostly because late at night it was difficult to overcome the desire to stress eat but I stuck to just one food. I over indulged in eating nuts. I found that they were satisfying in that they were crunchy and took time to eat. They really did not seem to effect my meter too terribly much, which was a good feeling. Food has always been my emotional shoulder and I am sure many of you feel the same way. If I can get through what I am dealing with right now and still maintain a balance in my eating then anyone can in any given situation. I am completely convinced of that now.
So, with that said I am about to get right back into my kitchen and work on more wonderful recipes for you all. Don't forget to check back later and look for my next Valentine's Day dinner recipe. Thank you all once again.
Eat, live and enjoy life,
Chef Barrae

No comments:

Post a Comment