Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Very Busy Tuesday

Well, first let me begin by saying that I am sorry for not posting any new recipes today. It was a hectic, crazy-busy kind of day. No excuses though. But, I will say I was spending most of the day testing a new recipe that I created and I think it was pretty darned successful. My taster was blown away by it and that doesn't happen too often at all! She is very critical, which is a good thing. I will let you all know when it will be posted after a few more tests with it. I promise that you will love it, too.
I have been thinking that I should post a weekly menu and then each day post the recipes daily. That sounds logical to me and I hope it works out. So, the rest of the week will look like this:
Wednesday
  • Breakfast of French Toast with Strawberry Syrup
  • Lunch of Turkey Sandwich again...sorry for the boring lunch
  • Dinner of Chicken Tortillas in Mole Sauce & Yellow Rice with Cilantro
Thursday
  • Breakfast of Summer Berry Smoothie
  • Lunch of Summer Gazpacho and Crostini with Tuscan White Bean Spread
  • Dinner of French Country Kitchen Chicken & Potatoes with Onions and Thyme
Friday
  • Breakfast of Spinach and Tomato Egg Wrap
  • Lunch of Hearty Grilled Cheese and Roasted Vegetable Sandwich
  • Dinner of Herbed Dijon Salmon Fillet & Vegetable Couscous
I was also thinking that I may post recipes Monday through Friday so that I could spend the weekend testing new recipes. This should work out more efficiently so I can accomplish both tasks with my best efforts. Please leave a post in the comments section with your opinion about these ideas. This is a work in progress and I want to do the best job I can. I value the input.
Tip...plan your menus at home each week, too. To be as frugal as possible in these tough economic times, plan it around the sale items in your local grocery store. If chicken is on sale then choose a few chicken recipes for dinner that week, and so on. By planning out your menu and knowing what you will be eating really helps to keep you on track. We always look forward to the great meals I plan out each week at home. When my daughter was young I used to post the menu on the refrigerator. It made meal time so much more pleasant for us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment