Monday, October 5, 2009

Tarragon Tuna Salad and Smoked Salmon Salad

I have been preparing these two salad recipes for my family and friends for years. They are absolute favorites and we enjoy them often for lunch or even as part of a dairy style dinner. I am happy to share them with all of you here also and hope that you enjoy them.
Tarragon Tuna Salad
Ingredients:
2 - 6 ounce cans tuna, drained
1/4 cup light mayo (or to taste to moisten)
1 tsp. dried tarragon, crumbled in palm1 tsp. dried chives
1/2 tsp. dried dill
1 Tbsp. sugar free pickle relish or chopped pickle
1 small scallion, diced fine
salt and pepper to taste (I don't use too much salt in tuna but I do like to use sea salt)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl well. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or more to let flavors marry.
Smoked Salmon Salad
Ingredients:
2 - 6 ounce cans salmon (I use the Costco brand pink salmon)
1/4 cup light mayo
2 Tbsp. onion, diced
1 Tbsp. dried chives
1 Tbsp. liquid Hickory Smoke
salt and pepper to taste (again, I like a pinch of sea salt and lots of fresh black pepper with this)
Blend all ingredients well in a bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour or more to let the flavors marry.
Please note that I have not included any nutrition information with these two recipes. They are just simple recipes with very little added vegetables or fats per serving. Each salad should yield about six servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment